If you've ever developed in Omnis you'll feel at home straight away
WebPublisher Studio's Plug-in architecture allows discrete web services to be developed using Macros comprising a mixture of Omnis Studio native code combined with WebPublisher Studio Code Resources and API calls.
- Applications are written using the Developer Toolkit and deployed to the WebPublisher Studio server.
- The Developer Toolkit supplies all the tools needed for writing HTML Active Web Pages and Omnis Studio thick client applications.
- The Toolkit provides editors for writing and configuring WebPublisher Studio resources such as Macros, Code Resources, Tasks and Template Forms.
- You can define variables (see Macro Editor - right) for capturing active server CGI parameters.
- Variables can also be created 'on-the-fly' using markup tags in Code Resources.
- Web Forms can be prepared using conventional HTML development tools such as Dreamweaver and Frontpage and pasted into WebPublisher Studio Code Resource snippets..
- WebPublisher Studio Server instances can be set to listen on multiple ports allowing partitioning of web services using a single IP.
- WebPublisher Studio Server can be configured in a server cluster with single instances of the server application dedicated to specific web services or functions.
- And you can write Omnis code directly into Plugin libraries just like you would for any Studio application.
Complete information about the WebPublisher Studio API can be obtained from the